15.7.11

An Encounter With Mr. Thinker


Early one balmy summer's morning I was driving home from my girlfriend's house.  Nearing my parents abode, the streets were getting very dark.  The neighborhoods in this part of Aldine (a suburb of Houston) have no street lights.   I took a right turn off of Lilja and was making my way down Aldine Mail Route.   There was a brilliant light behind some construction on my left; very unusual.  This light suddenly jumped above the trees.   It was an atypical air craft; I assumed it was military, there were no markings on it.  The lights were fulgent amidst the pitch black backdrop of 2am.  Built on a rectangular platform, a bright white dome was positioned in the middle.  Two gold triangles were drenched in light at either end of the rhombus.   A red blinking light was attached to the top of the dome, like the kind on the wing tips of conventional aircraft.  

There are lots of military in this part of Texas.  Ellington Air Force base and Johnson Space Center are very close.  This seemed to be a military conveyance.

The craft was now directly above the street in front of me and moving slowly to my right.  This is when I figured out it was not military.  The occupant inside the UFO began to "think" at me.  By the demeanor of his thoughts I gathered he wasn't happy that I was witnessing his movements.  Evidently there were mechanical problems that forced him down.  In his thoughts to me was good advice - don't get out of the vehicle and don't come any closer.  I decided to heed both suggestions and stopped my little car in the middle of the road with the engine idling.

Whoever or whatever was operating this vehicle happened to be a cool flier.   Mr. Thinker, the pilot, was moving away from both large airports in the Houston area and below their radar.   Intercontinental was twelve miles northeast of my position and Hobby Airport was a good deal southeast.  I turned right on my parent's cul de sac, behind Mr. Thinker who was heading south southwest just over the tree tops.  I watched the craft pass above the roof of my parents house and I slowly turned into the driveway.   I got out and stood there watching the bright lights in the dark sky slowly gain altitude.
 
The craft passed through the beam of a carbon arc searchlight that was part of a promotion for a newly opened water park five miles away.  Very gradually the blinking light on top of the dome of this aircraft faded away in the distance.

I suppose I should have called the airports and asked if they had seen anything on their radars.  Mr. Thinker was flying so low I knew they would have seen nothing unusual.  I could have called the military bases in the area, but I didn't.  It was just one of those encounters.  I guess I was grateful that whoever was in that machine was not interested in me.  He wanted to be on his way and I stumbled upon his little secret.  Was he from some other part of the universe?  I will never know.  The power of his thoughts made me certain that he wasn't from Texas.  They pressed against my chest as if he were pushing me away with his hand.

No comments: