3.6.11

To Blog or To Nap


I don’t know if I want to write and post this week?  If no one noticed and no one cared that nothing was posted today in this blog would it really matter?  I am so busy writing scripts that this little project could fall into oblivion?  Of course, my posting efforts here have been largely oblivious to most humans.   It seems to me that one has to have arrived at some noticeable point before there is a possibility of falling into oblivion.  I may have not yet reached that precipice.  However, obscurity could be a possibility.

Hmm.  I could stop right now in the middle of this sentence and not even a ripple would occur in the fabric of human consciousness.  Even I would probably be unaware of the sudden halt and the finality of such an abrupt caesura. Thoughts and words seem to leak out of my head with alarming ease.  The ideas in this blog could roll out of my left ear without a whimper.  Maybe everyone ambling the internet has similar limitations.  Things have always rattled around my head like dice bouncing against the walls of a crap table.  They roll into a shadowy recess in my skull to hide from my memory.  Too, I’m a product of an abundance of air signs in my natal chart.  This means I can have a daily routine that is months or years old and suddenly I can barely remember what it is; as if I had just arrived on the planet.

Is this blog so meaningless, even to me?  Maybe I would be relieved at not having to put together cohesive words on a weekly basis.  An appropriate question might be, have I ever had a cohesive thought to put into cohesive words? Could this be the onset of dementia?  Should I be worried, sad or am I witnessing the natural progression of a word stream on the pages of a blog?

I might have to take a chance and at least pretend to believe that there is one human in over 6 billion on the planet that might read what I write every week.  I do try to be entertaining or at least not to abuse anyone.  I have taken a blogger’s Hippocratic Oath of sorts;

       “above all do no blogging
        if the content feels 
        like a mental flogging.”

That means I try not to bore anybody into anxious torpor and I keep scurrilous thoughts to myself.

Well, since I have put all of this down on a page, it looks like I might have just enough to produce another posting.  I’ll keep working on it.  If I manage not to wander into uncharted emotions and I don’t get distracted by the clattering in the back of my mind, I might succeed.

No comments: